Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My crafts that I completed

Ok, so I have a huge confession.  I have been awful this last month about buying new stuff to make crafts out of, not completing works in process, or even new projects I have started.  : (

I did make myself finish up some dollar store crafts that I saw on www.dollarstorecrafts.com.


 This one is not really completed.  I need to add on ribbon for the neck and back tie.  It is an apron made from 2 dishtowels.  There are 2 front pockets.  I am giving this to my friend Sherine with her other stuff.










This is a $ store apron with a $ store towel that matches sewn on to create 3 pockets.  I am giving this to my friend Nathan, next time he grills out for me.










This is a kitchen set I put together.  You get the hot pads, 2 for $1 at the $ store.  I took one and folded it in half.  Then I gathered the tea towel in the middle and sewed it to the hot pad.  I added a button and use the hot pad loop to loop over the button.  Now, you can hook it to your stove, or cabinet, or where ever else you want.  The total cost was $3.







The apple set.  I did the same with it, but I had to use the back side of the hot pad, since the design is centered.











The grape set is my favorite, probably because I have a vineyard theme started.  I might keep these.












Did you notice my new pillows in the pictures?  Not really new.  Just my old throw pillows with $ store pillow covers.  I love these.  I was going to make a purse out of the one, but then put them on my throw pillow and had to get a second one to put on the other one.







But, this has to be my favorite couch accessory:





I just love my Clovie!

I actually entered the Holiday Gingerbread Competition at work this year.
My entry:



The competition:











I won 1st place and $50.  It was a really nice holiday surprise.

No comments: